Here’s a list of advice from me to you for this New Year and how to avoid screwing it up.
- Say NO. Because you don’t have to be anyone’s everything.
- Treat yoself. Because you deserve it. Indulge.
- Forgive. But know you’d be doing yourself a disservice in forgetting.
- Try something you’ve never done before. New exercise, new food, take a trip alone, take a class…
- Love. Yourself, that is.
- Take hold of your dreams. Can’t leave it to someone else because they won’t care like you do.
- Annihilate guilt. Unless of course you have a valid reason to feel guilty.
- Be fly. Take a few minutes to do something that makes you look and feel your best self. A dope pair of new socks? A yoga stretch? Concealer? Meditation?
- Befriend an unlikely person. Get a new perspective.
- Figure out an alternate stream of income. Be creative.
- Stop whining. Either change things or shut up and deal. No negative Neds and Nancys.
- Be honest. With yourself first and then to others.
- Put yourself first. Why not? Everyone else is doing it.
- Volunteer. Do good.
- But do at least one thing each day that is just for yourself. Relish in it.
- Turn off your phone. Tune in to silence.
- Pop that bottle! Be fancy; simply because you exist.
- Don’t be selfish. Stop expecting more than you will give. Never forget those who were there for you because they’ll remember when you are not there for them.
- Take the compliment! Because you’re all that…And a bag of organic potato kettle cooked chips with sea salt.
- Read that book you’ve been meaning to. You know, the one that you’ve been using as a coaster/doorstop/hiding place?
- Have seconds. Why the hell not?
- Snap out of it. Use this year to cut cords, tie up loose ends, take life by the reigns and ride that bitch.
Tip of the year: Let it go!